May 07 2019, - by Andrea Ross
It used to be the protocol that when you found out you were pregnant, you were basically wrapped in bubble wrap and told not to move. Now, apart from the eating (and the obvious drinking) restrictions, the advice generally now is to stay as active as possible – within reason*. Why has the advice changed? Well, as with most of our medical advice from years ago our knowledge of everything has evolved (Hinman et al 2015). Remember when we used to put everyone on bed rest when there was something wrong with them? Now, they want you to move as much as possible. Research has told us that activity and fitness can help with most problems from depression to back pain (Stanton & Reaburn, 2014; Vanti et al 2017), so it's no surprise that the advice has changed for pregnancy too. ..READ MORE
Feb 28 2018, - by Andrea Ross
Who ever would have thought we would be writing about cold weather running tips in March? This cold weather blast could really put a spinner on your marathon training though, so we thought you could use some help. Here are our top tips from Run3Ds Clinical Lead and Physiotherapist, Andrea, on what to do when snow tries to disrupt your training schedule... ..READ MORE
- Can You Run Through Pregnancy?
- Time to Taper - by Ken Hoye
- Marathon Kit List - How to Prepare for the 'Big Day'
- Injured Training for a Marathon - What to do?
- A Physio's Guide To A Spring Marathon - by Anna Boniface
- The Reaper Within - by Andrew Cohen-Wray
- Against The Elements: by Anna Boniface
- Slow Down, Don't Stop
- Stop The Trots - The Truth About Runs and Runs: by Alice Hector
- All About Ken
- Running Nutrition Q&A
- Aqua Jogging - Saviour To An Injured Runner
- Running for Wales
- Lloyd Kempson Q&A
- A Runners Review of the London Marathon 2018
- Running With A Cold
- Women's Running History
- Injuries Can Be An Opportunity - Anna Boniface on her recovery from injury
- Top Tips for Running in the Snow
- Running Recovery
- Run for your Heart
- When Is The Best Time To Have 3D Gait Analysis?
- Your Running Recipe
- Marathon Motivation
- Buggy Running
- Yoga For Runners
- You aren't still using 2D gait analysis...are you?
- Usain Bolt - How does he run so fast?
- Why Do Runners Get Injured?
- How Run3D Will Make You A Better and Faster Runner
- How often should you replace your running shoes?
- Ultramarathons - Its not just about the ups, but the downs too
- Run3D's Q&A with Anna Boniface
- Running Biomechanics - Simplified
- Strength Training For Long Distance Runners
- Running In The Heat - How To Stay Cool
- Can Running Lead to Osteoarthritis?
- Marathon Madness
- Running Cadence
- Addicted To Running