Gait re-training is an effective treatment for many lower-limb injuries. Run3D’s new real-time feature will enable you to treat a wide-range of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal problems using highly-specialised and evidence-based gait retraining procedures.
ACCURATE AND OBJECTIVE GAIT DATA IN REAL-TIME
- Run3D outputs 3D joint kinematics for the pelvis, hip, knee and ankle and plots them against a database of uninjured controls in real-time at 200Hz. This feature enables you to instantly quantify your client’s biomechanics, recommend evidence-based and effective treatment, monitor the outcomes of your treatment and assess the client’s progression over time.
- The software automatically extracts musculoskeletal injury risk-factors and gait retaining parameters from the 3D joint kinematics, compares them to the database of uninjured controls and presents them in an easy-to-interpret graphical format. This enables you to quickly and easily identify any abnormal patterns in your client’s running gait and deliver the most appropriate treatment recommendations each and every time.
- Run3D provides instantaneous feedback of spatial-temporal parameters including over-stride, step-rate and step-width for gait retraining purposes.
PROVEN GAIT RETRAINING APPLICATION
- Run3D enables you to share selected injury risk-factors and gait retraining parameters with your client for visual feedback using a large screen television placed in front of the treadmill. This feature will allow you to replicate proven faded-feedback gait retraining protocols at your clinic. The amount of visual feedback that you provide to your client can be reduced over a series of gait retraining sessions until the new gait pattern becomes a learned behaviour.
3D ANIMATION WITH SYNCHRONISED 2D VIDEO
- The software displays a real-time three-dimensional animation of the person running, which is a highly-popular feature amongst clients. The animation can be exported and used to explain the results of the analysis to your client.
- Run3D captures and displays sagittal and frontal plane video, which is synchronised with the 3D animation and enables you to quickly visualise any obvious gait defects and/or gait retraining effects and easily explain your findings to your client.
DATA CAPTURE FOR POST-ASSESSMENT ANALYSIS
- Run3D enables you to quickly capture and save multiple gait trials for post-assessment analysis and reporting.